Accès membres

Mot de passe perdu? S'inscrire

24-04-2024 21:54

éric ROMERO éric ROMERO

Bonjour, J'ai trouvé ce Lasiobolus sur laissées

23-04-2024 15:18

Lothar Krieglsteiner Lothar Krieglsteiner

... but likely a basidiomycete. I hope it is o.k.

23-04-2024 13:17

Edouard Evangelisti Edouard Evangelisti

Bonjour à tous, Je viens de récolter ce que je

23-04-2024 21:49

Ethan Crenson

Hello all, A friend recently found this orange as

22-04-2024 11:52

Zuzana Sochorová (Egertová) Zuzana Sochorová (Egertová)

Hello,I made a loan of a collection of Microstoma

11-01-2022 16:36

Jason Karakehian Jason Karakehian

Hi does anyone have a digital copy of Raitviir A (

22-04-2024 08:54

Rafael Cabral

Bonjour à toutes et tous, Quelqu'un pourrait-il

22-04-2024 20:38

Miguel Ãngel Ribes Miguel Ángel Ribes

Good afternoon.Does anyone know this anamorph?It g

21-04-2024 14:29

B Shelbourne B Shelbourne

• Genus Brunnipila: Distinct macro and habitat,

19-04-2024 14:28

B Shelbourne B Shelbourne

Cudoniella tenuispora: Distinctive macro and habit

« < 1 2 3 4 5 > »
Hello everybody
Francesco Doveri, 02-07-2018 06:48
Francesco DoveriDear colleagues, professional and amateur mycologists,

I am writing to inform you that this attached represents my "last" mycological work. I have in fact decided to completely and definitively cease my activity, both as a researcher and writer and as a consultant. The reasons why I have made this decision are many: I have various interests beyond mycology, especially a beautiful two-and-a-half-year-old grandchild to whom I want to pass on all my experiences, then the bridge, billiards and fishing, the latter I recovered, as in the good old days, almost professionally. But I do not want to completely deceive you: there is a motivation that surpasses all the others! I'll explain. You are perfectly aware that modern Mycology is increasingly oriented towards the genetic study of fungi and that the phenotype has become almost negligible in the eyes of many, so it seems that there is no place for the so-called morphologists (I one of these).
Since I did not want to stay behind with the times, I tried, in some cases successfully (see some of my works), a university approach with genetics, but university times are very long, sometimes even several years, and some university mycologists do not they are willing to cooperate. The result is that after four years of waiting I was forced to publish a new species without the aid of DNA sequences. The experts will be able to check, by reading my last work, how important it would be to make a comparative study.
Anyone interested can find all my work on coprophile mushrooms and not on Researchgate (downloadable).
Thanks to all those who have collaborated with me and to those who have endured my lengthy reviews.
Hello everybody,
Dr. Francesco Doveri

David Malloch, 02-07-2018 15:11
David Malloch
Re : Hello everybody
Dear Francesco,

Thank you for making your excellent new publication available to those of us on AscoFrance. It has been many years since I have worked with cleistothecial ascomycetes and, as you paper shows, much has changed. I appreciate the update.

Regarding your reasons for leaving mycology. I can fully appreciate your desire to devote more time to other interests and to your grandchild. These things come among the joys of retirement. I am less in agreement with you about the influence of genetic studies on the relevance of morphology. Genetics and the resultant phylogenies are immensely useful tools, but they do not replace morphology. If your apple tree is infected by a fungus you may be less interested in the name of the fungus and be more concerned with how it got there and if it will spread. Morphology and chemistry will hold the answer. Genetics may hold the place of honour in mycology now, but I suspect your work will remain alive and cited long after most of today's cutting edge has become obsolete.

Dave