Accès membres

Mot de passe perdu? S'inscrire

07-05-2024 00:04

Ethan Crenson

A friend found these black gelatnous cups on a twi

09-05-2024 18:33

Enrique Rubio Enrique Rubio

Dear friendsDou you have a pdf copy of this paper?

09-05-2024 13:07

Thorben Hülsewig

Hi there,i'm looking for following pdf:Morris, E.F

06-05-2024 10:02

François Bartholomeeusen

Good morning,At the end of an excursion in De Zegg

07-05-2024 19:26

Louis DENY

Bonsoir forum Sur tige de rubus fruticosus de l'a

06-05-2024 08:27

Blasco Rafael Blasco Rafael

Hola Buenos días.Alguno de ustedes tiene disponib

05-05-2024 12:55

Sylvie Le Goff

Bonjour Peut on dire que les poils soient vitreux?

05-05-2024 09:59

Gernot Friebes

Hello,I failed to identify this anamorph, which gr

19-04-2015 20:20

Enrique Rubio Enrique Rubio

Hi again Could you help me with this paper? NANN

30-04-2024 16:22

François Bartholomeeusen

Dear forum members,On April 25 2024, I found one f

« < 1 2 3 4 5 > »
Durella cf. aurantionigra
Yannick Mourgues, 24-03-2012 12:57
Yannick MourguesHi.

Macro : apo with a red to dark red hymenium, excipulum dark. Same appearance than Rhytidisteron hysterinum when dry.
Found on dead branches of Cytisus oromediterraneus.

Micro : spores hyalines, 4-celled, 15,4-19x4,7-5,6 um    Q=3,2-3,6
Ascus with bisseriate spores, IKI-, croziers+, 103-123x10,6-10,8 um
Paraphyses filiform, hyaline, without pigmentation, apex sometimes stuck in a red carotenoid gel. lI haven't be able to make a cross section because apo are too gelatinous.

See attached pictures.

So, I think this is clearly a Durella specie.

On Zotto's CD, I found a decription of Durella "aurantionigra" that fits very well with my specie. Is-it still a workname or has-it been described ?

What do you think about all of that ?

Yannick

?

• message #17949
  • message #17949
  • message #17949
  • message #17949
Hans-Otto Baral, 26-03-2012 22:43
Hans-Otto Baral
Re : Durella cf. aurantionigra
I thought I had answered. Yes, I was sure... This is a problem, I am not sure if there is only one variable species D. atrocyaneam, for which I prefer the genus Xylogramma.
You did no figure the spore contents, though I fear they are not constant in this group. But they are always there, lipid content around 4.

The anamorph could help in solving the problem if there are several species or not. The genus Plasia was found by Sherwood as anamorph, and I have data on associated sporodochia with different ?conidia, in the case you find something similar to the apothecia but with conidia inside.

Zotto
Yannick Mourgues, 26-03-2012 23:09
Yannick Mourgues
Thank's Zotto !

No, I haven't seen any oil drop inside these spores. I have checked it now.

Sorry, I don't understand your first sentence : "I am not sure if there is only one variable species D. atrocyaneam?". What do you meen ? D. aurantionigra/atrocyaneam ?

I'm not able to cultivate the anamorph. So, do you suggest to name it as Xylogramma sp. ?

Amitiés.

Yannick
Yannick Mourgues, 26-03-2012 23:18
Yannick Mourgues
Sorry, I don't understand your first sentence : "I am not sure if there is only one variable species D. atrocyaneam?". What do you meen ? D. aurantionigra/atrocyaneam ??

OK, no I understand. I have looked at your CD... So you prefer Xylogramma atrocyanea ? But, has this specie a red hymenium ? On your pictures, all is dark. Mine are red to dark red.

Yannick
Hans-Otto Baral, 27-03-2012 08:51
Hans-Otto Baral
I am actually not sure whether this red colour is constant. I have seen many specimens of atrocyanea and some for which I applied the prov. name aurantionigra, but I do not feel happy in segregating with the teleomorph alone. I also never cultured these fungi. But I am quite sure that the conidiomata I studied in sevaral cases are the anamorph.

If your material is alive, you should see the oil drops in the spores. Ifr it is dead you need to mount in KOH, then you will see them. If there aren't any, your collection is perhaps something else.

Zotto
Yannick Mourgues, 27-03-2012 09:29
Yannick Mourgues
Zotto, if you are interested in this collection, I can send it to you. Then you can give me your opinion after examining it. Just tell me.
Amitiés.
Yannick
Hans-Otto Baral, 27-03-2012 10:38
Hans-Otto Baral
No, please don't send, thanks. This year again I prefer not to receive any collections, except for very special ones. I just saw that in my photos the oil content is also partly rather low. You do not have any microphotos?

Zotto
Baeza Yajaira, 27-03-2012 21:11
Baeza  Yajaira
hello  Zotto 

i wanna ask you about the embedded paraphyses in D. atrocyanea? is it a character? 

thnkss
Hans-Otto Baral, 27-03-2012 22:19
Hans-Otto Baral
Yes, surely, although such pigmented exudate around the apices of paraphyses occurs also in Durella melanochlora (but not in D. connivens).

In X. atrocyanea the olivaceous exudate dissolves in KOH very similar as in Claussenomyces. In Durella no such dissolutiun is observable. So I considered the possibility of a relation to that genus.

Xylogramma has a protruding, +/- toothed margin, possibly the young apothecia are closed and break into teeth.

Zotto
Baeza Yajaira, 27-03-2012 22:22
Baeza  Yajaira
thanks you so much =) so very helpful =)