Bonjour. Petite pézize récoltée au sol en bordu

30-04-2024 19:43

Gernot Friebes

Hi!We observed this hyphomycete growing between le

30-04-2024 16:08

maurice pelissier maurice pelissier

BonjourTrouvé dans un torrent de montagne au Chir

« < 1 2 3 4 5 > »
Ciboria latipes on Rubus chamaemorus - with deep blue porus with Barals solution
Lothar Krieglsteiner, 09-07-2015 18:37
Lothar Krieglsteiner

In the area of Telemark (southern Norway), at the touristic point of the Ravensjuv, we collected a Sclerotiniaceae on dead stems of Rubus chamaemorus (at least this was the only plant that could be regarded a possible substrate in the vicinity). So - I asked ant G and so I found the paper of Holst-Jensen & Schumacher. And - what a luck - there was a species that seems to fit perfectly: the spores with the two quite large polar drops as contents that also have the right size, the habit and the substrate, the excipulum of globulosa. Everything o.k. - But: I did the IKI-reaction and obtained deeply blue pori. Holst-Jensen & Schumacher, however, describe the pori as iodine-negative.

Who knows C. latipes and also has obtained blue pori?

Regards from Lothar

• message #36874
  • message #36874
  • message #36874
  • message #36874
Hans-Otto Baral, 09-07-2015 20:25
Hans-Otto Baral
Re : Ciboria latipes on Rubus chamaemorus - with deep blue porus with Barals solution
Hi Lothar

never saw this interesting species or photos of it. In only know Nina's pretty photos of Rutatroemia cf. chamaemori, which has much longer curved spores like R. echinophila. But typical R. chamaemori has spores similar as yours, though longer.

I assume you checked the excipulum of globulosa? Did you measure more spores?

There is a further mismatch in the protologue: How can a species be named latipes when it could better be called filipes or the like? I guess the stipe is max. 0.5 mm wide, not 0.7-2 mm. There must be some confusion, or?

Lothar, falls du eine pdf hast dann schicke mir sie doch (hab nur eine Papierkopei). Falls du Holm & Holm 1977 fungi on Rubus chamaemorus nicht hast, den schicke ich dir gerne.

Seid ihr wohl schon wieder zurück?

Zotto
Lothar Krieglsteiner, 09-07-2015 20:38
Lothar Krieglsteiner
Re : Ciboria latipes on Rubus chamaemorus - with deep blue porus with Barals solution

Hi Zotto,

yes, the excipulum is globulosa, the asci have croziers. I did not measure more spores by now, but can do this still with my fotos.

Den Aufsatz habe ich mir im Internet herunter geladen (Research Gate), aber das Speichern funktioniert nicht richtig  (Text ist dann verzerrt und unlesbar). So kann ich Dir das leider nicht zusenden, aber Du solltest es selbst ergoogeln können.

Holm & Holm habe ich nicht - würde ich gerne haben ;-)

Yes, we returned Monday. There were not many fungi growing - it was still early spring in Scandinavia! (most common fungus was Gyromitra esculenta).

Kind regards and thanks!

Lothar