Bonjour, Malgré de nombreuses recherches, je n'a

25-03-2024 14:08

Ursula Kozik

Bonjour et bonne journée, On m'a envoyé une tro

« < 1 2 3 4 5 > »
Rustroemia quercina literature?
Viktorie Halasu, 14-10-2020 00:26
Viktorie HalasuHello,

would anyone have any info about Velenovsky's Rutstroemia quercina?

He described it in the Monograph of czech discomycetes. All syntypes and other collections were obviously studied by Dumont in 1972-73 and one selected as lectotype (based on scanned schedae on NYBG website) but did he actually publish it too? I thought Dumont was working towards a monograph of some of the sclerotiniaceous genera, but his series of papers ended when in 1983 he left NYBG never to come back and haven't published in mycology since then. But perhaps I overlooked some useful source? 

Thank you for any advices.
Viktorie
Hans-Otto Baral, 14-10-2020 10:14
Hans-Otto Baral
Re : Rustroemia quercina literature?
Interesting species! Looks like a true Totrendiella, but regrettably Velenovský did not figure the hairs. Could you see the original manuscript plate? Marketa has access to them.

I see 13 papers of Sclerotiniaceae by Dumont, Sclerotiniaceae I-XIII, but I am not sure of there are more. In my database I have only I, II, XI and XIII, and here no R. quercina appears to occur based on my database entries. The titles of the remaining papers I have not at hand, one is on Lambertella (II). Ah, there is a XV on Indian species and XVI (1980) on a Dicephalospora species, and some further with lower numbers. Did you check all of them?
Viktorie Halasu, 14-10-2020 22:52
Viktorie Halasu
Dear Zotto,

yes, I am fortunate to have the book in paper form. From his ilustration it appears to grow on a Quercus leaf. Velenovsky also wrote "molliter pilosa" but the setae in Torrendiella (Johnston et al 2014) look rather stiff. Then there's Helotium quercinum Velen. (Ceske houby 1922) which he himself synonymized under R. firma in 1934's monograph and Svrcek confirmed the synonymy. Dumont revised some of the syntypes of R. quercina as R. firma too (but not the lectotype) - perhaps Velenovsky mixed his two species together? 

As for Dumont, I have all the 16 papers except no. 2 on Lambertella - would you by any chance have it? I'm checking them more thoroughly now, I might have overlooked something. 

Viktorie 
Hans-Otto Baral, 15-10-2020 08:27
Hans-Otto Baral
Of course on leaves, I made a compilation of Velen. 1934. But I meant that Velenovsky surely had an original drawing plate of this species. All these plates are in PRM and Marketa has access. She scanned all about Orbilia, but I have hardly any on Helotiales.

R. firma (p. 230) he described on branches of Quercus, Carpinus and Alnus, with smooth apothecia.

Lambertella is 177 pages and I have it as jpg. I can send by several mails, but if you prefer pdf, perhaps someone has it as pdf?

Do you have all Dumont papers electronically? I miss I, V-VII, XII-XIII, XVI
  • message #65396