26-04-2024 10:07

Mathias Hass Mathias Hass

Hello, Does anyone know what this is? Found on J

24-04-2024 21:54

éric ROMERO éric ROMERO

Bonjour, J'ai trouvé ce Lasiobolus sur laissées

23-04-2024 15:18

Lothar Krieglsteiner Lothar Krieglsteiner

... but likely a basidiomycete. I hope it is o.k.

23-04-2024 13:17

Edouard Evangelisti Edouard Evangelisti

Bonjour à tous, Je viens de récolter ce que je

23-04-2024 21:49

Ethan Crenson

Hello all, A friend recently found this orange as

« < 1 2 3 4 5 > »
Gros problème appareil photo.
Luc Bailly, 02-09-2011 11:11
Luc BaillyBonjour à tous,

Après plusieurs années de bons et loyaux services (il est amorti...), mon Coolpix 995 est mort (RIP).

La plupart des compacts actuels sont programmés avec une compression JPEG trop forte: les photos sont moirées, inutilisable et sans moyen de retraîter ces photos efficacement. Je préfèrerais donc un appareil avec format TIFF, ou à défaut, RAW.

Alors, c'était pour voir ce que certains et d'autres utilisaient comme matériel, pour la macro mais aussi pour la photo sous loupe binoculaire (je ne demande pas de chichis: placer l'objectif de l'appareil contre l'oculaire de la loupe, et clic, tant que cela fonctionne...) pour continuer à étudier et photographier mes petits ascos.

La caméra digitale fonctionne bien avec mon microscope, mais avec la loupe, la profondeur de champ est trop faible).

En regardant, je pense notamment au coolpix 7000 (Nikon) qui a une option RAW, mais toute autre suggestion est la bienvenue.

Merci d'avance pour tout conseil.
Amitiés - LUC.
Joseph Pellicani, 02-09-2011 11:20
Joseph Pellicani
Re : Gros problème appareil photo.
Luc

Demande a Marcel il à peut-être encore des 995

Joseph
Hans-Otto Baral, 02-09-2011 11:59
Hans-Otto Baral
Hi Luc

I cannot believe that modern cameras have only a high JPG compression. I think they have different steps like basic, normal, fine, high as in my Coolpix4500. The memory chips are so large today that such high compression is not necessary. Especially with micophotos you do not see the difference between normal and high quality.

I am also unaware of a moiree due to JPG. I got a moiree only when resizing images.

Zotto
Luc Bailly, 02-09-2011 12:25
Luc Bailly
Joseph: J'y ai d'abord pensé, de fait, mais un photographe professionnel me l'a déconseillé: même inutilisé et conservé intact, certains composants de l'appareil vieillissent, et rien ne prouve qu'il durera aussi longtemps que le premier, surtout avec l'utilisation intensive que j'en ai faite.

Zotto: the Coolpix ones aside, most modern compact cameras work only with basic and fine options, but even with the fine option, I have a jpeg distortion that makes images unusable if not resized at 640x480.

With the Olympus I tried, there's too much moiree for the image to be usable.
The moiree will only appear when you resize images and save them with too much compression. (at least, in my case with the old camera)
I might stick with Nikon then.

Merci à tous les 2 - LUC.
Hans-Otto Baral, 02-09-2011 12:33
Hans-Otto Baral
I think that the moiree appears depending on the program with which you resize. ACDSee V provokes moiree with landscape images in the sky region, but Corel, f.ex., and probably aso Photoshop are better for resizing. When increasing small microphotos in size to about 150-200% you get smoother results with Corel in comparson with ACDSee. So I advice you to test different programs.

Can you attach an example of a bad image with moiree?
Zotto
Luc Bailly, 02-09-2011 12:52
Luc Bailly
Hi Zotto,
I use Paint Shop Pro and XN View to work on my photos.

Here's one of those photos with moiree.
Only cropped, not resized.
Cheers - LUC.
Hans-Otto Baral, 02-09-2011 13:08
Hans-Otto Baral
Hi Luc

I do not know this type of artifact. You may be right to call this moiree, though it does not look like the grid lines which I get when resizing.

The compression of this image is rather low, I would say it is "fine".

The image is not quite unsharp and diffuse, so I am sure that JPG does not make such images more worse.

But you said that the moiree appears with the Olympus only when you resize an image? But you say this one is not resized.

Zotto
Luc Bailly, 02-09-2011 14:23
Luc Bailly
Nope, it already appears when I look at the JPEG image coming from the camera.
I must resize it much more than I usually do for the image to be correct.

With the Coolpix, when the image was resized at 1200x900 (or even 1500), it was perfect.
Here, I must resize at 640x480 for the image to be correct.
Much too small an image if I have to present photos at a mycology congress for example.
Hans-Otto Baral, 02-09-2011 16:12
Hans-Otto Baral
Maybe you can vary the following four items:

Did you try to open the aperture (5.9 ist qute high, I see that 3.9 is possible), to get a shorter exposure time (1/4 sec is too long)?

ISO 320 is perhaps also to high, try 100 or 200.

Also I would try different zoom positions (you used 25 mm, maybe 15 or 10 is also possible).

And did you fix the focus? either flower or mountains.

Zotto
Luc Bailly, 02-09-2011 18:07
Luc Bailly
Yeah, I checked several things, but the possibilities on the Olympus are very limited :/
I haven't figured how to change the aperture yet. Much seems automatic on that camera.

And I've tried on flowers also: same problem of moiree, sometimes worse than on the photo I posted here.

Anyway, I still have a possibility (my dad needs a new digital camera also, but for way less detailed work than I, so maybe he'll take the Olympus). I've also discussed with a professional photograph and I'm gonna see various options with him tomorrow.

Thanks for youur advices, cheers - LUC.
Daniel Ghyselinck, 03-09-2011 22:42
Bonjour Luc,

J'utilise depuis quelques années un Canon PowerShot G7 (Ensuite, il y a eu le G9, G11, G12...). J'en suis très content. Ce sont des appareils encore assez compacts, mais qui ont toutes les possibilités des réflex au niveau des modes : Priorité ouverture, vitesse, full manuel etc. Macro à partir d'1 cm, mais pour les tout petits machins de moins de quelques mm, un close up est conseillé. Le principal inconvénient, c'est le prix...
Je ne l'utilise par sur ma loupe binoculaire, mais par contre je fais toutes mes photos micro directement sur l'oculaire, et les résultats sont excellents.

Amitiés,
Daniel
Luc Bailly, 03-09-2011 23:37
Luc Bailly
Bonjour Daniel,
Binoui, le problème, c'est le prix élevé des appareils de haute qualité.

Finalement, je suis resté chez Nikon avec le P7000: je suis retourné chez le photographe (même avec la loupe bino) et on a fait des tests avec plusieurs appareils: de ce qu'il avait en stock, c'était celui qui donnait les meilleurs résultats (sans devoir acheter un Réflex).
Pour le microscope, j'ai une caméra.

C'est tout de même navrant: on fait des appareils avec un bon concept (étanche, robuste et convenant de prime abord pour de la photo de terrain), et puis on bousille l'usage pour lequel il pouvait être fait en y mettant de trop petits capteurs, d'où un artéfact horrible et l'obligation de réduire une image de 14.000.000 pixels en 640x480 pour avoir quelque chose d'utilisable.

Enfin, la saison myco, et le traîtement des récoltes asco, sont sauvés maintenant. OUF.

Amitiés - LUC.