06-05-2024 08:27

Blasco Rafael Blasco Rafael

Hola Buenos días.Alguno de ustedes tiene disponib

06-05-2024 10:02

François Bartholomeeusen

Good morning,At the end of an excursion in De Zegg

05-05-2024 12:55

Sylvie Le Goff

Bonjour Peut on dire que les poils soient vitreux?

05-05-2024 09:59

Gernot Friebes

Hello,I failed to identify this anamorph, which gr

19-04-2015 20:20

Enrique Rubio Enrique Rubio

Hi again Could you help me with this paper? NANN

30-04-2024 16:22

François Bartholomeeusen

Dear forum members,On April 25 2024, I found one f

03-05-2024 18:04

Riet van Oosten Riet van Oosten

Hello, Found by Laurens van der Linde on Rubus fr

02-05-2024 20:04

éric ROMERO éric ROMERO

Bonjour, Une question à propos de la réaction a

« < 1 2 3 4 5 > »
Peziza depressa.... lividula.... or what????
Martin Bemmann, 26-06-2012 23:50
Martin BemmannDear all,

I rarely find Peziza in my acid enviroment on sandstone. This is one of yesterday growing in moss on a WW-I graveyard. (sorry for the flood of pictures...)
Asci are IKI+, paraphyses simple, spores feature a rough warty ornament with a polar emphasis stronger staining in CB, size (18.4)19.6-21.4x(11)11.8-13.6 µm (measurements incl. ornament).

I thought on P. depressa, but this polar protuberances reminded me on P. lividula as well. For the latter the shape of the spores are not fusiform enough.

Any hints of yours?

Best regards,

Martin

• message #19046
  • message #19046
  • message #19046
  • message #19046
  • message #19046
  • message #19046
  • message #19046
  • message #19046
Chris Yeates, 27-06-2012 01:51
Chris Yeates
Re : Peziza depressa.... lividula.... or what????
I can only think of P. limnaea; but I assume you have rejected that . . .

Chris
René Dougoud, 27-06-2012 09:01
Cher collègue,

Il est possible qu'il s'agisse de Peziza limnaea Gest. Maas. Toutefois les apothécies sont ici très pâles. Par ailleurs, il est très difficile, d'après les photos, de pouvoir apprécier l'ornementation sporale. Chez P. limnaea elle est formée de crêtes allongées, étirées, qui ne s'observent bien qu'avec le plus fort grossissement et dans le bleu coton lactique (Voir dessins en annexe).

L'hypothèse, pour P. lividula, peut effectivement être rejetée. Les ascospores sont en effet plus allongées et de formes irrégulières.

Amicalement

René

• message #19049
Raúl Tena Lahoz, 27-06-2012 09:21
Raúl Tena Lahoz
Hi Martin
Why not Peziza succosa? Asci seem to have simple septa.
Cheers,
Raúl
Björn Wergen, 27-06-2012 09:57
Björn Wergen
Hi Martin,

I think P. succosa fits very well. P. limnaea is also macroscopically another species.

regards,
björn
Martin Bemmann, 27-06-2012 20:53
Martin Bemmann
Thank you all for the replies!

I excluded succosa because I had this species before with very much paler ascomata and ouzing a yellow latex when hurt in the hymenium. One of the first things I did on the spot was to check this. There was no liquid, milk, latex or whatsoever.
The site is shady with mossy ground but not wet as to be expected for limnea.
I will try to make some new shots of the spores this evening showing better the ornament.

Best regards,

Martin
Daniel Ghyselinck, 27-06-2012 22:37
Hi Martin,

You should also consider P. michelii, which has similar spores with partly coalescent warts, often more dense at the pole. It normally has a yellow milk, but it is quite often very weak and difficult to see, and if the apothecia is slightly dry, it disappears completly.

According to Hohmeyer, P. depressa has only one guttule, and P. lividula has more fusiform spores with isolated warts.

Best regards,
Daniel
Raúl Tena Lahoz, 27-06-2012 22:54
Raúl Tena Lahoz
It would be useful to check the croziers. Peziza michelii and limnaea have croziers while succosa hasn´t.
Raúl
Martin Bemmann, 29-06-2012 23:05
Martin Bemmann
Hi again,

I checked the asci. All those floating free have a straight basal septum. I attach a picture of the ascusbases in situ that shows the same.
I attach also a new picture of spores in CB. The warts are forming ridges concentrating to clods at the poles.
I am still lost with the Hohmeyer key (who does not deal with croziers...).
One idea was Donadini's P. muscicola, but I think these ascomata are too pale and according to his description the ornament should form at least an uncomplete reticulum.

Grateful for further ideas,

Martin
  • message #19057
  • message #19057
Raúl Tena Lahoz, 30-06-2012 16:38
Raúl Tena Lahoz
Hi Martin
Thanks for taking some more pics. Macro, asci and spores look to me very like as Peziza succosa, maybe no latex because the age of the apos or because they were a bit dry?
P. michelii, limnaea, lividula and musciola have croziers, so I would discard those.
Cheers,
Raúl
Martin Bemmann, 01-07-2012 00:10
Martin Bemmann
Hi Raúl,

as I said initially a Peziza is a rare find for me and therefore I have few experience.
I found P. succosa before, very much paler and with a distinctly yellowing milk on tissue paper. But you may be right that these apos from my recent find are too mature to show this feature.
It seems to me that Peziza is not a Genus successfully handled with keys but with experience foremost ;-)

Cheers

Martin