Accès membres

Mot de passe perdu? S'inscrire

24-04-2024 21:54

éric ROMERO éric ROMERO

Bonjour, J'ai trouvé ce Lasiobolus sur laissées

23-04-2024 15:18

Lothar Krieglsteiner Lothar Krieglsteiner

... but likely a basidiomycete. I hope it is o.k.

23-04-2024 13:17

Edouard Evangelisti Edouard Evangelisti

Bonjour à tous, Je viens de récolter ce que je

23-04-2024 21:49

Ethan Crenson

Hello all, A friend recently found this orange as

22-04-2024 11:52

Zuzana Sochorová (Egertová) Zuzana Sochorová (Egertová)

Hello,I made a loan of a collection of Microstoma

11-01-2022 16:36

Jason Karakehian Jason Karakehian

Hi does anyone have a digital copy of Raitviir A (

22-04-2024 08:54

Rafael Cabral

Bonjour à toutes et tous, Quelqu'un pourrait-il

22-04-2024 20:38

Miguel Ãngel Ribes Miguel Ángel Ribes

Good afternoon.Does anyone know this anamorph?It g

21-04-2024 14:29

B Shelbourne B Shelbourne

• Genus Brunnipila: Distinct macro and habitat,

19-04-2024 14:28

B Shelbourne B Shelbourne

Cudoniella tenuispora: Distinctive macro and habit

« < 1 2 3 4 5 > »
Hyalopeziza nectrioidea
Hans-Otto Baral, 30-01-2015 17:41
Hans-Otto BaralHi all

A solution was achieved today concerning a strange record that I presented in Ascofrance some months ago. It was on Rhododendron twigs from the Alps and looked hyaloscyphaceous though I considered also an encoelioid relationship:

http://www.ascofrance.fr/search_forum/30999

Now, today I received a sequence gained by Guy Marson from apothecia. It is a surprise, see above. This is astonishing since there was no glassy wall thickening to be seen at the hairs. Also the apothecia are described as whitish or brownish, with white hairs (Raschle 1977, Galán et al. 1997). But such brown exudate is also known from Protounguicularia (Olla) transiens, and also there the glassy cap is often absent in a major part of the hair tips.

There is not doubt because in the ITS region there is only 1 nucleotide difference to the sequence of Han & Hosoya et al. 2014 in GenBank, for which I do not know an illustrration, however. In their analysis it clusters with Hyalopeziza (Hyaloscypha) leuconica and Olla millepunctata.

In 1998 I had studied the sample of Ricard Galán and made the attached drawing.

Summarizing, I would never have managed to identify this collection without a sequence, not even at the genus level!

Zotto
  • message #33444
  • message #33444
Stip Helleman, 30-01-2015 19:06
Stip Helleman
Re : Hyalopeziza nectrioidea
Hoi zotto,
that is surprising indeed, I had also no idea. About the outcome of Han et al, I did not compare it but two days ago I had the same result in my tree, probably the same Genbank sequences are used.
Stip
Hans-Otto Baral, 30-01-2015 20:29
Hans-Otto Baral
Yes, this is the Japanese sequence in your tree. It seems to make sense that leuconica and nectrioidea are related since their glassy hair wall is similar. But H. nectrioidea is drought-tolerant, leuconica not.
I wrote to the Japanese athors hoping to see their documentation.
Hans-Otto Baral, 31-01-2015 17:43
Hans-Otto Baral
I need to make a correction: I had not looked exactly at the sequence in GenBank, it was made from a culture of Raschle, so it is a collection from the Alps, not Japan. And it was on Alnus, not Rhododendron as other samples by Raschle. So it seems herewith confirmed that the species is not host specific as already asserted by Raschle 1977.
Stip Helleman, 01-02-2015 00:11
Stip Helleman
yes that is quite hidden in Genbank, now you should write Raschle for documentation.
Hans-Otto Baral, 01-02-2015 08:20
Hans-Otto Baral
Yes, Raschle fugured only the type on Rhododendron. But most of his samples were on Rhododendron. He says that the wall thickness is very variable, but a certain glassy thickness was apparently always there. In any case, I did not see wall thickenings at all, and the genetics show identity, even between the different substrates.

Raschle long ago stopped working on ascos and does other business, maybe with wood-destroying in houses, I remember. :-(