26-04-2024 10:07

Mathias Hass Mathias Hass

Hello, Does anyone know what this is? Found on J

24-04-2024 21:54

éric ROMERO éric ROMERO

Bonjour, J'ai trouvé ce Lasiobolus sur laissées

23-04-2024 15:18

Lothar Krieglsteiner Lothar Krieglsteiner

... but likely a basidiomycete. I hope it is o.k.

23-04-2024 13:17

Edouard Evangelisti Edouard Evangelisti

Bonjour à tous, Je viens de récolter ce que je

23-04-2024 21:49

Ethan Crenson

Hello all, A friend recently found this orange as

22-04-2024 11:52

Zuzana Sochorová (Egertová) Zuzana Sochorová (Egertová)

Hello,I made a loan of a collection of Microstoma

11-01-2022 16:36

Jason Karakehian Jason Karakehian

Hi does anyone have a digital copy of Raitviir A (

« < 1 2 3 4 5 > »
Types and Isotypes (Claussenomyces)
Quijada Luis, 14-05-2015 23:18
Hi all,

I am working with Zotto in an important manuscript in order to finish my PhD, we are trying to delimitate a new family, and we are reviewing several genera, but we would like to include several types, but it is not easy to find them. I would like to know if somebody can help me to find where is deposited the Types or Isotypes of the following species, and if I can request in loan:

Claussenomyces prasinulus
Claussenomyces atrovirens

Can somebody help us?

Zotto told me that C. atrovirens type is deposited in Leiden, but this type cannot be requested in loan, only can be examinated there, somebody know a mycologist in Leiden, or know an isotype that I can request in loan. Now, I cannot travel to review the morphology of this species.

About C. prasinulus, I have trying to find the type in different herbarium that I usually consult, but any of them have type or isotype.

Thanks in advance,

Luis. 

Martin Bemmann, 15-05-2015 00:39
Martin Bemmann
Re : Types and Isotypes (Claussenomyces)
Dear Luis,

since Peziza prassinula was described by Karsten in 1869 the type material, if preserved, should be in Helsinki (Luomus).

Regards
Martin
Brian Douglas, 15-05-2015 01:26
Brian Douglas
Hi Luis,

There's this specimen of C. atrovirens at Kew with some sort of type status - maybe real, maybe not!  I'll have a look for you when I'm back from fieldwork on Monday.

http://apps.kew.org/herbtrack/accession/30943

Edit: I suspect for now that it's a duplicate of the holotype of Claussenomyces hydnicola, which is currently a synonym of C. atrovirens.

Cheers,

Brian
Quijada Luis, 15-05-2015 09:25
Hi Martin, thanks for the information! if fact yesterday I wrote email to Seppo, Zotto told me it is possible he can help us with C. prasinulus.

Hi Brian, also yesterday, I saw this information in KEW herbarium, C. atrovirens (30943 as type) and I wrote to Begoña Aguirre-Hudson, to see if it possible to have this sample. In Korf and Zhuang drawing of C. hydnicola, primary ascospores appear only with transversal septa, cylindrical, and secondary ascospores are clearly alantoid. C. atrovirens, in the concept that I have has primary ascospores with transversal and longitudinal septa, clavate-fusoid, and secondary ascospores are straight more or less cylindrical to ovoid. To be sure if they are synonyms it will be necessary study the morphology of both types, but I have specimens that I collected under C. hydnicola and I think it is a good species.

Thanks to both! 

Quijada Luis, 15-05-2015 13:21
Hi Brian,

from KEW I received the following data:

Collections K(M) 30943 and K(M) 30945 have been annotated respectively as type of Patellaria nigra (=Claussenomyces atrovirens according to Nannfeldt) and as authentic for Belonidium clarkei in Brian Spooner's hanwritting (=Claussenomyces prasinulus according to T. Iturriaga).

Then I do not believe they are useful for the study that I am doing.... :(