26-04-2024 10:07

Mathias Hass Mathias Hass

Hello, Does anyone know what this is? Found on J

24-04-2024 21:54

éric ROMERO éric ROMERO

Bonjour, J'ai trouvé ce Lasiobolus sur laissées

23-04-2024 15:18

Lothar Krieglsteiner Lothar Krieglsteiner

... but likely a basidiomycete. I hope it is o.k.

23-04-2024 13:17

Edouard Evangelisti Edouard Evangelisti

Bonjour à tous, Je viens de récolter ce que je

23-04-2024 21:49

Ethan Crenson

Hello all, A friend recently found this orange as

« < 1 2 3 4 5 > »
first results in sequencing mollisiaceous fungi
Andreas Gminder, 04-03-2013 19:49
Andreas Gminder

Hello,

as in one of threads the discussion came on to moleculaire investigation in Mollisia, I want to show you the tree I have up to now. It is evident that I need much more collections, much more species and especially much more collections from neighbouring genera. The Mollisia group still seems to be polyphyletic, and the Pyrenopeziza group is even a mess.
But one thing is quite evidet: In the Mollisia group all species with a vacuolar body are placed, in the Pyrenopeziza clade all species without such a vacuolar body. Even though there are some collections of which I had bet that they are a Mollisia - if it wasn't the missing vacuole .....

Last week I attended a sequencing workshop and hopefully am able now to do the DNA extraction of fungal material myself and need not ask for that in the University. Also I hopefully can work with gained sequences and align them to a tree. So hopefully next winter I can do that on my own in the Jena University and can therefore use much more collections then up to now.

I had a short presentation in Powerpoint at the DGfM foray last autumn to present this tree and if I come to know how one can upload something in "documentation", I will try to put it in there.

In the presented tree there are some additional sequences from the internet, to show some relationships (Vibrissea, anamorphs). This will surely underline that this tree is quite provisional and there is a lot of work to do, especially to get an idea of the generic arrangement of this species. 

I near future a revised key to Mollisia will be ready, in which some taxa will be added that are not included yet, but in which also some of the provisional names will be rejected because I'm not convinced any more of them being a recognizable taxon. 

best regards,
Andreas     

Christian Lechat, 04-03-2013 20:40
Christian Lechat
Re : first results in sequencing mollisiaceous fungi
Salut Andreas,
pour poster un PPT dans la rubique "DOCUMENTATION": ?Documentation/ajouter un document?/parcourir/enregister

Amitiés,
Chirstian
Hans-Otto Baral, 05-03-2013 22:59
Hans-Otto Baral
Hallo Andreas

So Lasiomollisia should probably be renamed to Pyrenopeziza. You don't have any Pirottaea so far? 

About M. ramealis: A separate genus may make sense, but I always prefer that such separation should be accompanied by characters. What, when you cannot name a single feature in a key to genera. Is there any in ramealis?

I also see that crystals in the medulla occur very scattered throughout the tree, so Belonopsis makes little sense, the same for Tapesia. 

Is this only ITS? I recommend to compare LSU separately, also joint, whether ramealis is always such at the base. But the fine result with VBs present/absent indicates that the tree is meaningful.

Sequencing is a time-consuming job, as I always hear....

Zotto
Luc Bailly, 06-03-2013 11:31
Luc Bailly
Hi all,

Oh my, Vibrissea falls among Mollisia!!

Andreas, if you need samples of Mollisia epityphicola, I can go and search for some in the place I know (and I have to search in another similar place), and send some to you. It'll likely be in June.

Cheers - LUC.
Hans-Otto Baral, 06-03-2013 11:36
Hans-Otto Baral
That Vibrissea is related to Mollisia is also seen in other trees, for instance Wang, Binder et al. 2006. It is no wonder, because the features are rather similar, including VBs that react yellow in KOH.

So Vibrisseaceae should be merged under Mollisiaceae.

Zotto
Michel Hairaud, 06-03-2013 12:30
Michel Hairaud
Bonjour Andreas, et tous, 

Thanks to share these first results .
I also noticed with Zotto the possible change for Lasiomollisia phalaridis Raitvir into Pyrenopeziza  (which was lately discovered at the same time in marshes , on Phalaris, in Sweden and le Marais Poitevin , with no other site hitherto and which Mellasco 2011 attendees were able to discover in quantities)

Do some of yous Mollisia sp or Pyrenopeziza sp. of theses trees correspond to M. ''aurantioviolascens or P. ''michellii'' (posted on Ascofrance under http://www.ascofrance.fr/search_forum/17165  ? 

Amitiés
Michel